Saturday, November 05, 2011

Texas State Rep. Larry Taylor And Former Tiger Woods Caddy Steve Williams Both Caught Sinning Against Political Correctness

All the diversity and multicultural propaganda spewed upon us seems to be backfiring. Many people are reverting to more normal instincts. As a result, two public figures are under fire for politically incorrect remarks.

On Thursday November 3rd, at a hearing on the Texas Windstorm Insurance Association (TWIA), State Rep. Larry Taylor (R24-Friendswood), the House Republican Caucus leader who co-chairs the Insurance Committee, was discussing the need for TWIA to pay claims more expeditiously. However, his choice of words raised hackles amongst the politically correct; Rep. Taylor said "Don't nitpick, don't try to Jew them down". Almost immediately, Taylor's PC alarm must have gone off, because he quickly added "That's probably a bad term".

After the hearing, Rep. Taylor issued an apology, saying "At a legislative oversight committee hearing today, I inadvertently used a phrase that many people find offensive. I corrected myself immediately when I realized what I had said. I regret my poor choice of words and sincerely apologize for any harm they may have caused." He also delivered a second apology in writing to the Anti-Defamation League and received absolution from ADL Southwest Region Associate Director Dena Marks.

Most commenters to the story dutifully expressed their condemnation, although one commenter said it's a tribute to the fact that Jews are savvy business people. The tempest should quickly blow over, though; although Rep. Taylor is running for the Texas State Senate, he won his last two House elections with over 86 percent of the vote, so this malapropism shouldn't hurt his Senate chances. What's actually amusing about this kerfuffle is that it took place on the same day the ADL released the results of a national survey showing that "anti-Semitism" is on the rise.

The other sinner against political correctness is Steve Williams, a former caddy for golfer Tiger Woods who was fired by Woods in July 2011 after a 12-year association. Although quickly hired to caddy by another golfer, Adam Scott, there is apparently still some bad blood between Williams and Woods, which manifested itself during the Annual Caddy Awards dinner held on November 3rd in Shanghai in conjunction with the HSBC Champions. When asked at the dinner for an explanation for his high-profile celebration after winning the Firestone with Scott on August 7th, Williams replied, "My aim was to shove it right up that black asshole" (in reference to Tiger Woods).

In reaction, the Daily Mail quoted an unnamed caddie who said: "Never have you been in a room and seen so many jaws drop at the same time. We knew he (Williams) was an idiot but we didn't know he was a racist idiot. I was standing next to a European Tour official who said, "Thank God he is not on our tour.' "

On Friday November 4th, Williams posted an apology on his website, writing "I apologize for comments I made last night at the Annual Caddy Awards dinner in Shanghai. Players and caddies look forward to this evening all year and the spirit is always joking and fun. I now realize how my comments could be construed as racist. However I assure you that was not my intent. I sincerely apologize to Tiger and anyone else I have offended."

However, this was not good enough for Yahoo blogger Shane Bacon, who imperiously demanded that Adam Scott immediately fire Steve Williams. But that's not going to happen; Scott said the fact that Williams apologized is enough for him, and added "I value Steve's contribution to my game and to have him on the bag. While he's caddying, I hope he can caddie for me."

Fortunately, both individuals seemed to have survived their brush with political correctness.

2 comments:

Anchorage Activist said...

Received the ANSP message and have published the link to the new ANSP YouTube channel. Thanks for keeping me up to date.

Anonymous said...

@AA: You are welcome, and thank you for providing such an informative news source for the WN community. It is much appreciated!

BW
ANSP