Thursday, May 06, 2010

Researchers David Bugg And Diane Dentice Soliciting White Nationalist Input To Survey Designed To Provide Better Understanding Of White Nationalism

Billy Roper, the Nationalist Party of America's candidate for Governor of Arkansas, has informed us that a couple of researchers are soliciting input from White Nationalists for a study. The stated purpose of this study is to gain a better understanding of attitudes of the White Nationalists represented on the White Revolution Internet website, although Roper invites all White Nationalists to participate.

The study was launched on April 30th, 2010, and is being conducted by David Bugg of SUNY Potsdam and Dianne Dentice of Stephen F. Austin State University. The fact that Roper is urging participation is an endorsement of their credibility. David Bugg is an assistant professor of sociology at SUNY Potsdam, and Diane Dentice is an assistant professor of sociology at the college of liberal and applied arts at Stephen F. Austin. They've chosen to use Survey Monkey to post their survey.

All responses are confidential and your identity will remain anonymous. The records of this study will be kept private. In any sort of report they might publish, they will not include any information that will make it possible to identify a subject. Research records will be stored securely and only researchers will have access to the records. It is anticipated that the results of this study will be published in academic journals. Only aggregated information will be used; no names or other identifying information will be used in the publications. The authors claim it can take as long as 30 minutes to complete the survey, but that depends upon the answers provided to the three essay questions. It took me about 10 minutes. Even so, if you still have questions or concerns about this research study, you may contact either David Bugg by email at buggd@potsdam.edu or by phone at 315-267-3481; or Dianne Dentice by e-mail at denticede@sfasu.edu or by phone at 936-468-2241.

Access the survey HERE.

The survey is divided into three parts; a series of 15 multiple choice questions, three essay questions, and 13 questions regarding personal attributes such as sex, age, educational background, occupational background ,etc. I have cross-posted the questions, along with my own responses, to this blog; this begins after the jump:



Section 1 - Multiple Choice. The available responses are Strongly Agree, Somewhat Agree, Somewhat Disagree, Strongly Disagree.

1. I believe that minority people are not as intelligent as Whites.
My Response: Somewhat Agree

2. Ethnic groups such as the Irish and Italians adapted to American culture without massive government aid programs and that is what minorities today should do.
My Response: Strongly Agree

3. I am comfortable with my personal attitude toward minority groups.
My Response: Somewhat Agree

4. Minority groups deserve to be treated fairly.
My Response: Strongly Agree

5. The government pays more attention to minority concerns than they deserve.
My Response: Strongly Agree

6. Minorities get more media attention than is necessary.
My Response: Strongly Agree

7. About all that is necessary to achieve racial equality in the United States has been done.
My Response: Strongly Agree

8. I would rather be a citizen of America than of any other country in the world.
My Response: Somewhat Agree

9. There are some things about America today that make me feel ashamed.
My Response: Somewhat Agree

10. The world would be a better place if people from other countries were more like Americans.
My Response: Somewhat Disagree

11. Generally speaking, America is better than most other countries.
My Response: Somewhat Agree

12. Minority groups in America demand too much.
My Response: Strongly Agree

13. To be a real American, you have to speak English.
My Response: Strongly Agree

14. In my opinion, White immigrants can easily become American.
My Response: Strongly Agree

15. In my opinion minority immigrants can easily become American.
My Response: Somewhat Disagree

Section 2 - Essay Questions. There are no word limits or character limits imposed, so you can provide longer answers than I did. Please be sure of your spelling before answering so as to promote the best possible image of the White Nationalist community.

1. Please explain what does it mean to be 'White'?
My Response: I use the "David Lane Rule". It's based on what he once said, namely "If a man looks, acts, talks, and fights White, then until he proves otherwise, he is our Folk".

2. How do you define 'White culture'? Do you think most Whites feel that they have a distinct culture? Why or why not?
My Response: White culture is simply responsible behavior. You consider the effects of your actions upon those around you before taking action. You modify your responses according to your surroundings. You don't behave as presumptively towards strangers as you can towards those with whom you have a relationship.

3. If you have a religious preference, please describe it. If not, leave this question blank.
My Response: I am an inactive member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I still believe in its doctrine.

Section 3 - The last 13 questions are merely personal questions about yourself; sex, age, employment status, etc., and are not replicated here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for helping to spread the word about this research project by objective academics. Reminder: Our goal is to get 500 White Nationalists to complete this five minute survey on how to define our views: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/XC89NZT

Anonymous said...

Brothers, be wise - avoid ALL and ANY "information gatherers", "jews-media", and "friendly interviewers". If these creeps want "info" let them simply DO SOME RESEARCH from our websites.

apollonian said...

Thanks much for the info, AA; I did the survey, and they didn't ask for any un-warranted info; questions seemed fairly reasonable, I thought.

Most of all, I was rather impressed at the end w. ad for general surveys--I might be able to use this for my own purposes. Thanks again. A.

Anonymous said...

Joanna Schoep is a race-mixing bitch!