Monday, May 25, 2009

United People Of Luton Stages Protest March Against Muslims In Luton, United Kingdom But Suspected Provocateurs Trigger Violence; Nine People Arrested

How many of these protestors wearing balaclavas could have been police agents or antifa operatives?

On Sunday May 24th, 2009, around 500 British demonstrators marched through Luton, Bedfordshire, United Kingdom protesting against Muslims who previously denounced troops returning from Iraq in March. The protestors were waving banners bearing slogans such as "No Sharia Law in the UK" and "Respect our Troops". Media stories published by the Daily Mail, the Telegraph, and the Times. Also discussed on the VNN England sub-forum. Bloggers covering the event include a balanced account from Bartholomew's Notes, while the more explicitly pro-British Lionheart blog has posted four videos of the march.

United People of Luton (UPL), the group who planned the march, intended it to be a peaceful protest, and the marchers were supposed to be escorted by police along a planned route. But officers ended up fighting running battles with protesters after some of them bolted and began attacking Asian residents. Several cars were damaged in the riot and an Asian-owned business had its windows smashed. Police drafted in cavalry, dog handlers and riot officers at 5 P.M. in an attempt to control the crowd, some of whom wore balaclavas and shirts bearing St George's Cross. At one point the mob appeared to be charging in the direction of Bury Park, an area of Luton where many of the town's Asian population live. The crowd convened on the steps of Luton's town hall, where many began chanting "terrorists out" before dispersing. Police arrested nine people and charged them with a range of offences including criminal damage and assault. Since then, two of those arrested have been charged: one man for possessing an offensive weapon after stones were found in his pockets, and a woman for breaching an anti-social behaviour order. Another man was fined £80 for a public order offence. The other six people, all men, have been bailed without charge pending further inquiries.

UPL spokesman Wayne King, 24, who helped organise Sunday's march, said "We want laws brought in to stop these preachers of hate operating here in Luton. We decided enough was enough after the soldiers got heckled as they marched through the town centre by the Muslim extremists."

Back on March 10th, Muslim extremists, led by the activist Sayful Islam, marred the homecoming parade of the 2nd Battalion The Royal Anglian Regiment. They jeered the 200 soldiers and waved placards calling them "Butchers of Basra", "murderers" and "baby-killers". It led to fury from families of soldiers and was condemned by Prime Minister Gordon Brown and Britain's former most senior Muslim police officer, Tarique Ghaffur. A previous protest march was held on April 13th; videos of that march accessible HERE.

A second group called March for England had applied to Luton Borough Council for permission to march through the town centre, but their request was turned down. But the council said it had become aware that a small group of people planned to go ahead with the march anyway.

What none of the media outlets explore is the possibility that the violence was triggered by provocateurs, who either could have been police agents, or, much more likely, antifa operatives. It just so happened that this march went sour on the same weekend that the British National Party (BNP) website was taken down via a DoS attack, and the attack may end up being traced back to an antifa group in the United Kingdom, similar to a Friday attack upon Clear Channel, whose IT professionals tracked it back to a notorious "anti-fascist" organisation openly aligned to the Labour Party and supported by the Conservatives and the Liberal Democrats. In addition, the organizers of the march committed a major tactical error by allowing marchers to wear balaclavas; police agents or antifa operatives could easily be hiding under those masks.

For those who say that the people wore balaclavas because they can't risk showing their faces in public, my advice is simple - stay away from the rallies if you can't risk public exposure. Find a different way to work for the cause. British nationalists simply cannot permit people wearing masks to march with them in the future; the risk of a hijack is simply too great. One so-called "independent blogger" was already trying to set up the BNP to take the fall prior to the march; the BNP's opponents will do anything to bring the party down.

No comments: